For 2009, I have similar goals to those from last year:
- Stretch Goal
- Super Stretch Goal
- sub 3 hour [DONE 10/11 2:58:13]
- sub 2:55 - not attempted
- sub 2:50 - not attempted
- sub 1:27 [DONE 3/16 - 1:25:28]
- sub 1:25 [DONE 7/26 - 1:23:47]
- sub 1:20 - not attempted
- sub 40 [DONE 4/23 - 38:38, 11/15 - 38:22, 11/26 - 38:07]
- sub 38 - attempted twice
- sub 36 - not attempted
- sub 19 [DONE 3/9 - 18:53, 9/27 - 18:23, 12/5 - 18:13]
- sub 18 - attempted twice
- sub 17:30 - not attempted
- sub 5:30 - [DONE 12/12 - 5:02* (downhill!) ]
- sub 5:15 - [DONE 12/12 - 5:02* (downhill!) ]
- sub 5:00 - attempted once
I have a pretty solid plan laid out to get me though the end of May and the Ottawa marathon (This should allow me to meet most of the first goals for each distance). Beyond that I have a somewhat softer plan, that has me doing either New York in November or Cal International in December. If training is going well and I have a realistic chance to hit my 2:55 or 2:50 goals I expect I'll shoot for CIM as NY is not a particularly fast course. I'll have plenty of chances to do half marathons along the way, not sure exactly when I am going to fit in the 10k, 5k and mile races.
One other thing for training this year is that I am going to take more recovery days. I am thinking that if I do that I can perhaps avoid taking 3-4 months of like the last couple years.
Happy New Year!