So things are looking good. Before too long I'll be back out running - ready to break something else.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
- Wednesday (surgery day) was pretty easy as all I did was sit on my butt and I was still pumped full of drugs from the hosiptal.
- Thursday went OK. I didn't take any hardcore pain killers, just 4 ibuprofen every 6 hours. Walked round the block 3 times, albeit slowly and a little hunched over.
- Friday was pretty much like Thursday, but I was walking like a 60 year old vs an 80 year old.
- Saturday I went down to 2 ibuprofen every 8 hours and walked for about 2 miles total.
- Sunday was just 2 ibuprofen at 9am and 2 before bed. Walking up to 3 miles, with a reasonably normal stride.
- Today I'm back at work and feel pretty normal. Still definitely slow and I get athe occasional sharp pain, especially when I move after sitting for a while, but overall it's going really well.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Doctor gave me a DVD with pictures so I'll post some tomorrow so that inquiring minds can see for themselves.
Probably not going to run this afternoon......
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I am quietly confident that he will confirm the presence of a bilateral sports hernia, and will be able to operate next week. If he doesn't think it's that, then I am screwed and will be pretty depressed. I am ready for this BS to be over and am looking forward to running pain free again. It's just not so much fun running when it hurts.
This morning was my final "pre-visit" run and I decided to try a few quicker miles. Ended up running for 5, with the middle 2 miles at an average of 7:15, with a max pace of about 6:45. That would have been pretty easy a few months back, but this morning was a definite race-level effort. Heartrate got up to 182, which would have been for something like 6:00 pace when I was fit.
It's obviously going to take me a while to get back in shape, and that's assuming my injury rehab allows me to run properly.
Oh well, fingers crossed that it all goes well!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I've run 4 times recently, and have felt a little fitness returning. Did 5.5 at 8ish pace this morning and it felt better than the 3.5 at 9ish pace 2 weeks ago.
Hopefully I'll be jogging again by mid/late November if all goes well.