Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Summary

A spectacular 76 miles for August, including just one 3.5 mile run in the last 24 days. No cross training or real exercise of any kind. I am feeling very lazy.

September starts off with yet another week of zero running and then I may try a mile or two to see if a month of no running has had any positive effect. I am pretty pessimistic about my chances and anticipate that any return to running will just be accompanied by pain. I predict a trip to see a surgeon is in my not too distant future.

Not running has been weird, but it has reduced the amount of laundry. Weight is up by only a couple pounds, which isn't too bad.

Boston in April is still my crossed-fingers goal. It's April 20th, so that gives me one more week of no running, 8 weeks of rehab where I slowly work back to ~25 miles/week. Then 6 weeks of base building to get back to 50-60 miles/week. Then I'd start an 18 week plan, which would be lower mileage than previous training plans as I won't have the necessary base for big miles.

No comments: