Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chicago - week 1 training

First week of Chicago training is over, 14 to go. This is the combination speed and higher mileage plan, which is going to result in a sub 3 hour marathon, an ugly crash caused by overtraining or injury. I am hoping for #1 and after week 1 feel pretty good. Today's long run was great and I finished feeling pretty fresh.
  • Monday - easy 5 miles (no rest day anymore....)
  • Tuesday - 5 miles tempo (6:43), 7 overall - it was hot and I was sluggish - not great
  • Wednesday - AM easy 7.5, PM easy 5 - my first double in ages
  • Thursday - crazy speed workout (see previous post)
  • Friday - easy 14 miler on some hilly trails
  • Saturday - easy 7.5
  • Sunday - 19 miles with the last 3 at marathon pace - in SF (Golden Gate Park)
  • Total - 72 miles
Next week should be around 80, and I will probably skip the 100 meter sprints this time.

No comments: