Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chicago Training - Week 8

A much easier week this week, and I feel much better as a result. Only 43 miles, which felt like not running at all after the last few weeks. I am over all of the aches and pains from last week so it seems to have worked and I am now ready to go into the final phase of my Chicago training.
  • Monday - off
  • Tuesday - off
  • Wednesday - easy 5 at 8:10 pace
  • Thursday - a pseudo tempo. 2 miles at 6:20, 5 miles overall
  • Friday - an easy 10 miler at 8:11
  • Saturday - 6 miles at the track, with 7x100m (5-18s) and 1 mile at 5:57
  • Sunday - 17 miles at 8:00 pace
The race is 7 weeks today, so now it's 4 big weeks then tapering over the final 3. I am going to adjust the next 4 weeks a little, and probably bring the mileage down a bit to make sure I get to the start in one piece (plan currently says 85, 95, 100, 90 - which will probably do some damage).

Hopefully the weather cooperates in Chicago and I can get a good sub-3 result - then I can turn my attention to something easier, like knitting.

No comments: