Sunday, July 15, 2007

4 Weeks in the Pool

I've been doing my best Aquaman impression for almost a month. First week was 5 times, the next 3 weeks were only 3 times. But still, it's almost 8 hours of pool running, or 61 "miles". I am definitely ready to be done with this particular stage.

Achilles is good, no pain anymore. I started stretching again this week and I'll start the eccentric calf exercises this week. A couple miles running is planned for Thursday (run 2 mins, walk 1 min). All in all things are going well and I feel confident that I'll be able to start building up the mileage by the second half of August.

I've picked out a couple races and made a plan. I am hoping to be able to train enough to match my pre-injury 10k time (which was on a hilly course) at the Banana Chase in SF on Sept 16th. Then if that goes well, match my half marathon time from the hilly (but short) Santa Cruz race in the San Jose Rock'n'Roll Half on October 14th. Then it'll be time to pick things up again and get back on track for the sub 1:30 half marathon assuming I can find one in December.

Here's how it all looks graphed out.....

No comments: