Saturday, February 14, 2009

Weekly Summary

Ottawa marathon is 14 weeks tomorrow, things are going Ok so far.  This week was a little compressed as I am flying to Hawaii tomorrow.  That meant squeezing my miles into 5 running days VS the normal 6.  
  • Monday - rest
  • Tuesday - tempo 5.5 miles at 6:39 - these are coming along nicely
  • Wednesday - easy 6 miles w 3 x strides
  • Thursday - 6x1,200 at the track in 4:34.  i am hoping these are the big key to getting fast and hitting my half marathon goal in 4 weeks
  • Friday - a wet 12.5 miler.  weather forecast was way off and I got drenched, was not dressed for the rain.
  • Saturday - 17.5 long run
  • Sunday - rest (travel)
So 54 miles in 5 days.  I was feeling a little tired towards the end of this morning's long run.  I think running 12.5 late friday and 17.5 early saturday is not a very good plan.

Next week calls for 7 straight days of running, with over 70 miles.  Should be fun to be doing those in Hawaii.  Forecast is hot (80), humid, windy and chance of showers.  We'll see how good a job I do staying on schedule.  I am not going to do the track work (don't think I am anywhere near a track) but will be doing the tempo and long runs out there.

No comments: