Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chicago Week 11 Training

Alright, 11 weeks done, 4 weeks to go. Ran all 7 days this week (9 runs) and it went well. Feeling in good shape as I get closer to the race. Schedule called for a big week (100 miles) but I knew I wasn't going to go all out as 70-80 seems to be about what I can handle without needing to take some timeoff, and was planning to come in somewhere around 80. Here's how it went....
  • Monday - AM 6 easy, PM 6 easy
  • Tuesday - 5 easy
  • Wednesday - AM kickass trackwork (see Wed's post), PM 6 easy
  • Thursday - PM 7.5 easy
  • Friday - 14 easy
  • Saturday - tempo (ran a 10k time trial with a friend) 6.22m at 6:35
  • Sunday - 21.5 pretty slowly at 8:21
Overall it was just over 79 miles. Things feel good, heartrate is low compared to last training cycle, and Wednesday's track workout was a good confidence boost. I can definitely feel that I am on the edge of pushing too hard but think I am just on the good side of trouble - Cutting the mileage in these big weeks has helped there. One more big week up around 80 next week, and then it's taper time (which will be something like 65, 50, 30+race).

Then all I need is some reasonable weather in Chicago.