Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chicago Week 12 Training - Taper Time

One day ahead of schedule, but close enough to done for the week. Ran my eight and final 20+ miler this morning taking me into my final three week taper. Tomorrow should be an easy 8-10 miler and then it's off to watch the Niners beat Seattle!

Here's how the week went....
  • Monday - easy 6 miles
  • Tuesday - easy 11 miles
  • Wednesday - 6x1,200 at the track (see last post)
  • Thursday - 9 miles on rolling hills in Napa (7:30 pace)- nice run
  • Friday - silly hilly mountain trail in Napa, turned into a hike when it got to 25% grade
  • Saturday - 20 miles with 2x3 miles at marathon pace (6:47, 6:53) - felt good. I am ready.
  • Sunday - should be an easy 8-10 miler
  • Total - low 70s
So now it's taper time. Mileage should be down to mid 60s this week including 5-6 tempo miles and maybe 3-4 1200s at the track, plus a 5k or 10k on Saturday. However, the weather forecast predicts some crazy temps (>100 degrees) for next week so I am not going to worry too much about miles. If it's hot on Saturday I wont race the trailblazer 5/10k as I know that really hot races suck, and more importantly, I suck at running them quickly.

No comments: