Sunday, February 11, 2007

Golden Gate Finish

Finished the first full week of February with a great 12-13 mile run in San Francisco this morning. Started a little late & slow as I was up way too late last night. Ran from North Beach, down to Aquatic Park, thru Crissy Field and the Presidio, and then out and back over the Golden Gate bridge. That really is a fabulous run - Views don't get much better than that. First 8-9 miles was at an easy 8:45 pace (except for the 10,000+ steps to get up to the bridge) and then did a fast 3 miles at 7:30 pace. Final cool down for a mile and a bit bringing me home at 12.69 miles, 8:53 pace.

Rounded off the week at 38.73 miles, a little lower than planned as I skipped the Monday run after the race last weekend. Had a couple OK tempo runs on Tues/Wed and then a good fast 7 mile pace run yesterday. No speedwork, need to get that back into the schedule somehow. All in all, a good week, especially for the week after a hard race.

Next 3 weeks should be 43, 46 and 41 miles to get me ready for the next half marathon in Sacramento on 3/11. This time there is no 2 mile downhill stretch so it's going to be tough to beat my time from Kaiser: but that's the goal, even if it's only by 1 second!

A 10k race on 2/19 (Presidents' Day) to check fitness level. Goal is 44:30 (7:09 pace) which is going to be hard. I'm not sure I'm quite that fit yet but the whole point of goals is that they should be challenging!

And Tuesday this week should take me over the 1,000 mile mark! Not bad considering I couldn't run a mile when I started this 10 months ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have a weekend pad up in the city ? Did a 8.5 mile from oracle to highway 92 via foster city. A new route - if you turn left instead of right on the bike path to foster city you hit the path by the freeway - less wind - was a great run with some freinds .
vivek