Saturday, June 14, 2008

Slowly Back to Normal

So this sickness is definitely taking its toll.....

Cold has gone but stomach is still messed up. Without being too graphic I am now mostly in control of timing, but not consistency. The result is that I'm pretty much continually dehydrated - which goes very well with 90+ weather and running.

Thursday I dragged myself through a slow 7 miles - no fun at all.
Friday was worse: I bailed on the speedwork and attempted a long tempo. Managed 3 at reasonable tempo pace (6:45) and then jogged the rest of the 9 miles at 7:45ish.
Saturday was another 9-10 miler but it never really felt good until the last couple miles, and it was all pretty slow at 8:10 pace.

Tomorrow should be 16 with a couple at MP, which will round out the week in the mid/high 50's about 20 under the plan.

Hopefully I'm back to normal next week - if not, I'll be taking it easy in the Oracle 5k on Thursday.

No comments: