Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekly Summary

A hilly long run to round out a reasonable week of training.  It was a 21 miler, which is the longest I've run since July.  Route went over a small hill then out thru the Stanford campus, then I climbed up into the foothills and back home thru Los Altos Hills.  It was a headwind on the way out which worked out pretty well. Kept the whole thing about 7:50 pace, except for those last 2 miles which came in a little quicker.  Felt pretty good overall, despite getting hungry just 2 miles in - managed to gu my way thru it.

Rest of the week was OK.  Mostly just easy miles with the exception of the 1600s and the hilly run on Friday morning.  Total was 62 miles, so it's good to start getting back up there after a couple of low/mid 50's due to weekend races.

Next week I should get a little bit higher, into the mid 60's.  I have a tempo (7 miles), speedwork (probably 6x1,200) and also a fast finish long run (20 w last 3 at MP).  I'm also going to be pretty busy at work, likely doing some strange hours - Not sure when I'm going to fit it all in, but hopefully I'll manage somehow.

No comments: