Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Long Overdue Update

Well I guess it has been a little while since I updated this blog.....

Quick Catchup
Spent the summer/fall just running for fun. I managed to miss the registration window for Boston 2011 (which was all of 8 hours) so kinda lost interest in training for real. Since I haven't been working I have been able to spend my days running on the many beautiful, but hilly trails of the San Francisco Bay Area. During the week this is a fantastic place to run, most days I saw more deer than I saw people. Lots of climbing and soft trails, but very little structured training (i.e. no track workouts, tempos) and no races since July.
  • July - 220 miles - 1:28 for SF half marathon
  • August - 198 miles
  • September - 154 miles
  • October - 138 miles
  • November - 136 miles
Going Forward
Just recently decided to get back into racing shape. I feel pretty strong from the all the hill running but I don't have any speed or real endurance. I think a half marathon would just about kill me if I did one right now. However, I have signed up for the Kaiser Half on Superbowl Sunday and would like to run a good time. Even if I bust my ass over the next 2 months I don't think I can get anywhere near a PR (1:23), but I'd like to get close to 1:25 if I can.

Done a couple track workouts, a couple tempos (4-6 miles), started doing strides and did a 19:36 5K on the track the other day. Not race effort, but at 6:18 pace it was definitely faster than tempo pace.

Now I need to get back to running 6-7 times/week instead of just nice long trail runs when I feel like it.

No comments: