Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January Summary

So the first month of 2007 comes to a close. It was my first month of real solid training and I have to say it felt great. My knees are finally getting strong enough for all this abuse and if you squint really hard you can now see that I have some small, but definitely visible muscles in my legs!

Ran 23 days out of 31, for a total of 157.6 miles (almost 30 more than December). Averages out at 35.6 miles/week with a couple of 40+ weeks in there. Excluding Tahoe which was steep, snowy, cold and high (not me, Tahoe) and one slow run with a slow friend I averaged 8:32 pace. Fastest run was a 10k race at 7:28. Average run distance was 6.85 miles with a long of just over 16.

Feb kicks off with a bang as I have a half marathon race on Sunday, then another solid training month with higher weekly mileage than Jan as I'm starting to run 6 days/week (vs 5).

I guess I'm addicted......

No comments: