Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ooops....faster than planned

So another messed up training run. Supposed to be an easy 7 miler with the Oracle group at lunchtime. Got there late and they were starting as I got to the changing room. I said "I'll catch you". I started 5 minutes behind them and figured that I'd catch them in the first 2-3 miles. So off I go at a 7 minute pace, chasing the group, that I'm hoping is taking it easy at 8:30-9ish.

Finally catch them after 2 1/2 miles in just over 17 minutes. Definitely not the planned easy run and I was certainly breathing hard. of course, that's the time that the group starts to pick up the pace.

Finish the 7 miles at an average of 8 minutes. And the first mile (6:52), two miles (14:01). three miles (21:37) and 5k (22:27) were new time records for me. After the next half marathon I am going to try to run those short distances fast up at the track as I think I should be able to get much closer to 6:30 for a mile, and 21:00 for a 5k.

Because of this unplanned fast run I get to skip the 6 mile pace run in Tahoe and just do an easy 5 miler on Saturday - so I guess that's a silver lining.

Hopefully it's not too cold up there.

No comments: