Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Not So Fast.....

I think I may have been a little too optimistic yesterday. Although everything felt fine during and after running, this morning the achilles is sore again. A fast 10k this Sunday is going to have absolutely zero good long term effect, and will probably leave me hobbling into August. So I'm going to skip it and just run easy this week.

I'll see how things go leading up to the Oracle 5k next week.

At this point, the Los Gatos half is looking more and more like a 1:45 training run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the injury setback.

Are you at this point just feeling soreness or does the achilles tendon hurt when touched?

I see that you're considering biking in stead of running while healing. If you haven't been biking previously I'd go very easy. My experience when recovering from achilles tendonitis was that high RPM biking slowed the healing.