Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Maybe not so smart

On the way back from a very good 5 miler tonight I ran by the high school track and decided to run a lap or two. Things were feeling good so for some reason I thought that a near flat out 400 would be fun - did it in 86 seconds and it felt pretty comfortable. Haven't been anywhere near that sort of pace (5:39) for a very, very long time.

Now it's a few hours later and after some easy stretching and a soak in the hot tub I am feeling it in both achilles tendons and also my right knee. If I've screwed things up with just one fast lap then I am a complete idiot and may as well just pack it in now, become fat and buy a buick.

I'll do some serious stretching/icing tonight and see what tomorrow brings......

1 comment:

Michael Weingartner said...

I hear the Skylark is a good car... :)