Thursday, September 6, 2007

OK, I think.....

So I think I'm OK. Things were definitely a tad "extended" this morning; both ankles and my right knee were pretty achey (sounds like a country & western song...), but by this evening everything is almost back to normal. I spent a lot of time stretching, especially the calves, and then lots of icing. Now it's 10:30pm and I have convinced myself that it's all fine.

I guess I'll find out on my next run which will be tomorrow - I'm gonna run 5-6 miles in the afternoon/evening; all very easy stuff around 8-8:30 pace. I'm thinking of running at Bair Island, which is just a few miles south of Oracle. There's a 3 mile loop which is supposed to be nice and it's all soft flat trails, which would probably be a good idea right now. Hopefully I don't get attacked by a goose.

Zooming forward, to when I am able to run instead of hobble like the old person I appear to have become, I mapped a route from Oracle to my house today. It's just over 19 miles so I am looking forward to the time when I can work that into my schedule. It'll be cool to turn up 10 minutes late to a meeting and say "Sorry I'm late, I ran to work"

No comments: