Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A new beginning

So I've decided that September is going to be a great month. I've had enough worrying about my achilles, my fitness, upcoming races, and training for London.

So I'm just going to go out and run. Seems simple, but it's a new approach for me.

I ran Sunday and Monday, both runs were 5-6 miles, at just over, and then just under 8 minute pace. Took it easy on any uphills, and tried not to get carried away on the downs. Both runs felt really good. I'm making sure that I stretch excessively, do all my calf exercises and do plenty of icing. Everything seems to be OK so far, so I'm going to keep rolling with it. Took today off, but will run again Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Maybe I'll even try going up to 7-8 miles at the weekend.

I do realise that I am on something of a rollercoaster in terms of feeling positive/negative about this running crap but I swear that this time it's different! (I hope....)

No comments: