Thursday, December 6, 2007

Intermediate Race Goals

Been working thru my marathon training and have set some goals for the races that I'm doing between now and May. I've decided to set aggressive goals and then back off if necessary, Vs setting easy ones and possibly overachieving.

The basic plan is to get to 1:25 for a half marathon in mid April, which will be fairly tough, but if I do it I'll be around 3:00 fitness for a marathon. Doesn't mean I need to try to run one in 3 hours, but it means that in theory I could.

Here's a chart of my half marathon progress since my first race back in October 2006. Yellow dots are true half marathons, white dots are half marathon equivalent times derived from shorter races (mostly 10Ks).

















I need some very solid progress to get to 1:25, but if I train well, avoid injury and race well I can do it.

Moving back to reality, I ran this morning and things are back to normal. Did a steady 7.5 miler at around 7:30 pace. Managed to dodge the raindrops but winter is definitely upon us.

No comments: