Friday, May 23, 2008

Not so smart?

So after a night of non-sleep I am thinking the this whole "go-to-Europe-to-run-a-marathon-thing" was not so smart.

Body clock is way off, and after a night of very restless, sleep, I was in my deepest deepest sleep at 8am when the alarm went off. Got up and ran my 4-5 miler, and also added in the required strides. That all feels fine, but we'll have to see how this time difference thing plays out.

Ran a little bit more of the course this morning, so I have now covered the first couple miles. It's not too windy, but this is the part of the course that is sheltered. Forecast is still 20MPH from the E/NE.


2 comments:

Chris Rumble said...

Alan, I'm not sure if this will work for you but adjusting your eating to local time may help you overcome the jetlag.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/reuters/brain_clock_dc.html

Martin said...

Good luck for the race Alan - a couple of Guinness before bed will sort out that body clock - or totally screw it up, one or the other.