Friday, May 2, 2008

The week so far....

Not a great week so far. Last Sunday's run left me feeling beaten up (I dont think the last 4 months of solid training has helped much either) and I probably should have just taken a day or so off, but instead I have been slogging thru.

Monday was a sloggy 7m in the morning that felt like my legs were 200lb weights. For the afternoon I picked it up a little and ran 4 miles at 7:30 pace.
Tuesday's tempo didn't really happen, but I did get a fast (6:20) mile in as part of a lunchtime 5 miler.
Wednesday started with an early 7m slog that felt much like Monday morning's run. In the evening I decided to go up the track and try to get my legs working. After some warmup I did 1m at 5k pace (6:04) , 1m at tempo pace (6:26) and 1m at marathon pace (6:50). This was a good run and my legs enjoyed the change of pace (and also the softer track surface and total absence of hills).
Thursday was a reasonably flat 13 miler with 3 miles at 6:52. The 3 fast miles were gradual uphill - nothing big, just 150' climb, but enough to keep me honest. A good run.
Friday was a 7m easy run this morning and my legs are back to feeling like lead. Good news is that I have no double planned today.

Saturday is 10 easy miles, I'll probably split that to 6 and 4.
Sunday is my last long run - a 21-22 miler with 3 miles at MP.
There's a chance I'll switch the Sat/Sun workouts around as I am in SF drinking/eating too much Saturday night and the thought of 22 miles hungover isn't too appealing.

I'm hoping that the next 3 weeks taper will restore some of the sproinkiness in my legs. If not, I am in deep doodoo for Edinburgh.

No comments: