Monday, January 12, 2009

Another week rebuilding

One more rebuilding week is over.  One more togo before I start on an 18 week training program for Ottawa.  Still need to work out exactly what that plan is but it will certainly be lower mileage than I was running before.  I am going to keep the rest day in the plan for now, and keep double days to a minimum.  That should keep the mileage down in the 55-65 range, with perhaps a few peak weeks in the low 70s.  With the lower mileage I'll probably have a little more fast paced stuff, which will be a change for me.  Will be interesting to see if it works for me or not.

This week was OK, a couple reasonable runs and the rest was just easy miles.  I started the week feeling the effects of last Sunday's long run and for the first time since surgery was feeling a little pain in my abs.  It was still there after Tuesday's tempo run so I was getting a little worried I'd strained something.  When it was still there after Friday's easy miles I was thinking that I was in trouble.  But after Saturday's longer run it seems to have gone away.  And Sunday was completely back to normal.

Last week looked like this......
  • Mon - rest
  • Tue - 3.5 miles tempo at 6:33 (8 miles overall) - probably a little fast for me right now
  • Wed - recovery 5 - super slow and really sluggish
  • Thu - easy 7 - ran with a group, but still felt sluggish
  • Fri - easy 6 - felt OK, but not exactly sprightly!
  • Sat - 10 miles w 3.5 miles at 6:40 - this was a struggle clsoing out that 3.5 section
  • Sun - easy 7 w 1 fast mile (6:40) - felt really good
  • Total 43 miles
Next week should be 45-50 with a tempo on Tuesday, possibly a visit to the track Thursday for some 1,200s and around 14 on Saturday.  Everything else will be easy runs in the 5-7 mile range.

No comments: