Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly Summary

First official week of marathon training is done.  It was probably the least structured week I've run ever.  No real plan at all, but overall some good running.
  • Monday - was a day off so did a hilly 14 miler in Rancho San Antonio
  • Tuesday - took my rest day
  • Wednesday - work got in the way and I took another rest day
  • Thursday - 5x1,200 in 4:36 at the track
  • Friday - easy 5 miler
  • Saturday - 10 miles with 5 at 6:42 - good workout
  • Sunday - very hilly 12 miler in Marin Headlands - great run
  • Total - 49 miles
Next week will also be a weird one as I have the Kasier Half Marathon on Sunday.  I'll skip tomorrow, do a short tempo Tuesday, some pace miles on Friday and the rest will be easy runs.  Still picking my goal for Sunday, my brain is saying that 7 minute pace (1:31:46) is the sensible thing to do, but that seems real close to 1:30 so I suspect I will end up starting fast and then going for sub 1:30.  That may well end badly, but will at least give me a real read on my fitness level.

No comments: