Monday, May 18, 2009

Ottawa Countdown

6 days to go, so it's officially time to start obsessing about the weather.  Here is the 10 day forecast....  

It seems to be pretty random, ranging from cold and wet to hot and sunny. Ideally it'll be low 50s, misty with no wind, but that is asking for a lot!

Currently Sunday is forecast for a low of 50 and a high of 75.  Race starts at 7am, and I'm hoping to be done by 10, so it should still only be low 60's by the time I'm looking for a beer.  Partly cloudly with light winds is good, so I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't change too much over the next few days.

It's obviously a light running week for me this week.  Rest today and easy miles every other day except for a couple marathon pace miles on Wednesday.  At this point the "hay is in the barn" as they say, and there is little be gained, and a lot to be lost with a dumb workout.

No comments: