Friday, February 22, 2008

Back on the roads

So I'm back. Did zero running since last Friday, very little stretching, no icing. A couple walks up in Tahoe, and some sledding (which involved walking up a hill repeatedly in bad fitting snow boots - not great for a sore achilles). It was nice to take a complete break (6 days with no running felt like a long time).

Today it was time to get back out there, even though the rain was coming down. No real plan, just go run and see how it all feels.

Set off on my normal route, on autopilot. Didn't bother looking at my watch, just ran. Everything felt good so I just went steady and then after a mile or so started to pick it up. By three miles I was moving pretty quick (turns out I got down to just under 6:30 pace) and was enjoying the feeling of running again. Did 6 miles overall at 7 minute pace.

Looking at the pace/HR aftewards it looks like the rest did me some good. I'm back inline with where I was just before the half marathon. No aches/pains and the achilles feels fine. I'll ease back in to my schedule over the weekend with a couple more "run-by-feel" runs and then pick it up again for real on Monday.

No comments: