Saturday, February 9, 2008

Progress and Plans

  1. After the heady excitement of running a sub 6 minute mile, it's time to lay out the intermediate race goals between now and Edinburgh at the end of May.

    The chart shows the last 4 races, and the next 3. White dots are 10Ks (converted to the equivalent half marathon time), Yellow dots are half marathons. As you can see, I am making steady progress.

    Next up is a 10k on 3/7 (I don't have a suitable race, so it will probably be a time trial up the high school track). 39:00 equates to a 1:26:20 half, which is about right, so that is the plan - pace is 6:16

    Then it's a half on 3/23 (again, no race, so maybe a TT), 1:26 will be the goal. (6:34 pace)

    Then it's the Parkway Half Marathon on 5/3. I need to do 1:25:00 (6:29 pace) as a final assessment before I decide my marathon race plan.

No comments: