Friday, November 23, 2007

More Miles

Just ran my 32nd day straight. My longest running streak by far. Plus, it's been about 55 miles in the last 7 days, my biggest week ever.

Today was a pace run, where I try to do 3-4 miles at whatever pace I plan to run in my next race. Next race is a half marathon and goal pace is 7:10. Did 3.4 miles at 7:04 which included going over the little hill (the 100' one) twice. With some warmup and cooldown it was just under 6 total at 7:27. Yesterday was an easy Thanksgiving run of just over 8 miles at just over 8 minute pace.

Things are going really well - the steady rampup of short easy runs every day since mid September seems to have made me more ready for the training than the last time I was running 50+ MPW, and being religious about my stretching/calf exercies is a big help. Achilles isn't giving me any trouble, even when I pick things up a little on the hills. Knees are fine, shins are OK. The only new ailment is a slight ache in my hip that came on during last Sunday's long run after about 8 miles. It eased off with Monday and Tuesday as easy days but I felt it a little during Wednesday's tempo. But if it isn't getting worse in 50+ mile weeks I'm not too worried about it. At my age, things are bound to creak a little.

No comments: