Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ready for a Day Off

Ran an "easy" 14 miler again today. This time I skipped the fast finish, and just ran it around 8:00 pace. I did do a single fast half mile just around mile 13 as a simulated finish for next week's half marathon. Overall pace was 8:04 for 13.89 miles. Felt like a hard run today as I was pretty hungry for most of it (I've foolishly run out of gels). But apparently running on empty is good training for raceday, so I should be in good shape.

Along with yesterday's easy 6 miler the weekly total was 55.8 miles, which is definitely enough for me right now!

Tomorrow is a whole day off from running! - I have an easy week scheduled about every 4 weeks, and I get to skip Monday's run and take it a little easier throughout the week with lower mileage. Including the half it'll be under 40 miles. So this is a combination cutback/taper week.

To be honest, I am ready for a day off.

Then after race week it's back to the mileage buildup. Weeks of 50, 53 & 59 leading up to Christmas as I try to get my body comfortable in the 50's. Then after the next cutback week I'm moving up even further with weeks of 55 (including a 10k race on New Year's morning), 63 and 69. I've never been anywhere near that type of mileage and I'm curious to find out which parts of my body start to crumble first......

3 comments:

vm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vm said...

cant believe the numbers i am reading. I am very offended indeed.
60 -70 miles a weeks is showing no respect for that Achilles...

From 4.10 to a Boston qualifying time is pretty darn good. gives me hope !

Alan Fletcher said...

vivek - so far, all i have is a goal to go from 4:10 to BQ. it's easy to have the goal, it's meeting the goal that is teh problem.....