Saturday, January 5, 2008

Good Timing

Did my long run this morning, and got back just as the rain started. Wasn't too excited about the prospect of running 19 miles wet and cold so I was very happy about that.

Run was good and on the same hilly course that I ran a few weeks back; 15 miles at 8:00 pace, then 3 fast miles at 7:04 (which is supposedly about my current marathon pace), then 1 mile cooldown. 7:48 pace overall. Didn't feel bad at all, even coming at the end of a 66 mile week that included a hard 10k. Guess this training stuff really does make you fitter. My existing injuries (right knee, left achilles) are both fine so I guess it's just a question of what will break next.

Close the week out tomorrow with an easy 7-8 miler, I am meant to do some half marathon pace (6:40) miles in that but I'll probably bag them.

Next week is week 2 in my 5 week cycle and I think that is going to be the one I look forward to the least. It's a step up in mileage again, to around 67 miles but the killer is the long run; a 20 miler on Sunday, with the second half at marathon pace. That's a tough one.

No comments: