Friday, January 11, 2008

Half Marathon Pace

Today was pace day, and the next race is a half marathon, so that means half marathon pace. Goal for the next one is 1:27:30, which is 6:40 pace. Today's run was 9 miles with 4 planned in the middle to be at race pace.

Couldn't run this morning as work rudely got in the way so I decided to run at lunch. There's a group that runs every day and usually there's a range of paces.

Started real slow and then sped up to low 7's. There were three of us running together by then. After 3.5 miles it was time for race pace. Ended up a little fast (6:35 average for the 4 miles) but it was pretty steady. Definitely a workout, and heartrate for that portion averaged 171. My usual HM rate is 167 so I am not quite where I need to be. But with over 3 weeks to go before the race I'm in good shape

Good news on the shoe front.  Ran again in the Elixirs (the shiny fast red ones) and have no problems/aches etc.  I'm gonna dump the new Inspires and try to get some of the old model.  If I can't I'll just run in the fast ones all the time.

No comments: