Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekly Summary

A week of running in perfect weather has come to an end.  The temps have been getting up to over 70 during the day, but it's still been chilly in the mornings (somedays down to the mid 30s).  So you have a great range of weather to run in and no matter when you run, it's been sunny with zero wind.  Compared to the current weather in much of the world right now I am very spoiled here in California.
  • Monday - rest day.  this is becoming a regular thing and will probably help a lot
  • Tuesday - tempo day.  did 3.5 miles at 6:33 and then another 1.5 at 6:40 - 7 overall
  • Wednesday - easy 5.5 miles
  • Thursday - track day - 6x800 in 2:59 with equal recovery - hard, but fun
  • Friday - skipped a day.  busy with work, cricked neck, shins hurt
  • Saturday - easy long run of 13.5 miles.  felt very comfortable.  best long run since surgery
  • Sunday - easy 7.5 miles - 8:15 out, 7:45 back - very relaxed
Overall a good week.  I feel better than I have since surgery and the week included 2 solid workouts.

It is now 18 weeks to Ottawa.  I booked my flights, hotel and regsitered for the race this weekend, so I'm going.  Training starts tomorrow officially, although I am yet to completely define the plan.  It will probably be something out of Daniels of Pfitzinger, with a little more speedwork than before but less mileage. 

No comments: