Saturday, August 11, 2007

Big Day

I am sitting on the deck in Tahoe, icing my achilles, after my first run in about 2 months!

After an easy 10 minutes run/walk warmup and stretching, I ran for about 20 minutes, at round about 9-10 minute pace. Overall it was 3 miles, mostly on soft dirt trails thru the woods and reasonably flat. I walked up any hills but other than that ran pretty solidly, albeit at a fairly gentle pace. At the end when I left the trail and got back on the road I could feel my achilles a little but otherwise it seems good.

Knees are still messed up just like before. I had been hoping that they would magically have fixed themselves too, but I guess pool running still keeps things tender. Assuming nothing bad happens due to this I will try running 3 miles continuously on Monday or Tuesday.

It feels really great to be able to run again, I am crossing my fingers that I am over the worst.

No comments: