Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ready To Go

Tomorrow is race day. Weather forecast calls for 40 degrees, cloudy and 11mph wind from the SSE at 7am (start time), although it is supposed to feel like 33. Weather at the end is only a few degrees warmer, and the wind is picking up to 16.

Low temperature and cloudy is good (I bought some new gloves), the wind not so good. The course is runs south 1m, then west 6m, then south 7m, and then west to the halfway point so it's going to be a combination of crosswind/headwind - not great. Hopefully it'll be lighter than forecast and I'll be finished before it gets stronger!

The second half of my 2 person relay team is not running due to injury so I'll just be running hard to the 13.1 half marathon point and then walkinging/crawling to the relay exchange at 13.5m. Then I'll take the bus back to the finish and our team will be an official DNF. I will get back in time to watch the race winners who should be in around 2:15 for the individuals and 2:25 for the first relay team. Maybe I should jump back in about 2:20 at mile 26 and post a miraculous 2:22 finish for relay victory!

No comments: