Friday, December 7, 2007

Wow - that's hard

OK - so I did the planned 2 fast miles - 6:18 for #1 and 6:25 for #2

Learned a few things...
1) I have no sense of pace when I am running that fast
2) I could run ONE mile under 6:00 if I really went for it
3) 6:18 is hard for me to run, but that 6:25 was even harder
4) I doubt I could run 6 miles at 6:25 right now, even with 2 minute breaks every mile
5) I am likely to be in real trouble on Jan 1st for my 10k attempt

And it all looks so good in excel.....

1 comment:

Peter Lubbers said...

Sub-40 10K is hard. The MacMillan calculator (http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/Running%20University/Article%201/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm) predicts a 40:27 10K based on a 1:30 half marathon. Good luck with shaving off those precious seconds.

Are you running around HQ at all? I will be down at HQ next week (Mo-Wed) and can join you for a few miles early in the morning. That would be fun.