Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday Tempo

My first "post-break" real workout today - Tuesday tempo.....

Decided to do just 3 miles at true tempo (6:34) vs going longer/slower. Ran a couple miles warmup and then started the fast part - it's a net downhill for 2 miles, then 1 mile of flat/slight uphill. Planned to run "comfortably hard" vs trying to run a specific pace because of the hills.

Mile 1 was 6:21, Mile 2 was 6:17 and Mile 3 was 6:33 - 6:24 overall. Average HR for the 3 miles was 167, 167, 168 which is pretty much perfect for a tempo run. Compared to my last 3 mile tempo, which was just before the Kaiser half this was a little better in terms of HR/speed so things are looking good.

My various aches/pains seem to be OK. I'm stretching/icing a lot which is helping. Right achilles seems to be getting better (don't feel anything at all during the run) so if I stay off the hills that's going to be fine, right knee is still letting me know it's there, but that is the same injury I have had since my second week of running back in April 2006.

Rest of the week is "back to normal"
Wed - 8 miles easy w strides
Thu - 10 miles easy
Fri - pace run - 3 miles at HMP, 8miles overall
Sat - long run 17 miles
Sun - easy 11 miles

No comments: