Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Eagle has landed

I am finally in Edinburgh, after a long but uneventful trip. The hotel is very close to the start and right by the "Seat of King Arthur". I ran round Arthur's seat twice this evening for a leisurely 6-7 miler. Lots of people were out running and biking.

I covered some of the course. Blue line shows my run today, red line shows race course. I'll cover a little more tomorrow, now that I have my bearings.


It was a little windy when exposed to the East, so Sunday is going to be interesting. Forecast has changed again; rain is gone, but the wind is now predicted to get up to 20 MPH. It's going to be a slog getting out to mile 18.

I'm running at 9am tomorrow morning to get used to race time - this of course, assumes that I wake up.

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Good luck on your race! I hope the weather cooperates as much as possible this time of year.

Amy
blog.runnerslounge.com
www.runnerslounge.com