Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Big Week

Second week of July ended today with a 23.77 mile run. Nothing fast, just easy miles at high 7's/low 8's. 8:08 average for just under 3 1/4 hours.

yesterday was an easy 14
Friday was an aborted trackworkout (did just 2x1200m repeats instead of the planned 5) but also ran 7 later in the day for 13 total.
Thursday was a nice 13 miler early in the morning before it got too hot, plus a very hilly 5 miler as the sun was setting.
Wednesday was a 5 m tempo at 6:42 (9.5 overall)
Tuesday was just 5 m easy
Monday was 12m spread over 2 easy runs.

Weekly total just under 95 miles.

I think it was a good decision to bail on the speedwork Friday. I'll probably skip it this week too, as I think it is putting a lot of stress on my achilles and groin.

Hoping for similar mileage this week and next, which should put July up there with my biggest ever months.

No comments: