Monday, July 28, 2008

Yet another big week

My "big July" continued again this week, with 97.9 miles spread over 10 runs. That makes 368 miles in the last 27 days. It's now been 47 days since I took a day off. I skipped the trackwork again this week, but did a few hills, my tempo run, and a few marathon paced miles. The rest of the miles were about 8 minutes. I feel like I am now used to this sort of mileage, but it does seem that I am always running.

M - 2 recovery runs: 7m and 6m
T - 6m tempo at 6:45 pace, 9m overall
W - 6m, skipped the PM run
T - 16m early in the morning and then 7m in the evening
F - 7m (skipped my speedwork), PM 5m
S - 12m in the morning
S - 22m at 7:50 pace w 2.5m at marathon pace

I'm going to finish out July strong so Mon-Thu are all solid days...
Mon - 2 recovery runs - 13m
Tue - 6m tempo, 9m overall
Wed - 2 easy runs, 14m
Thu - med-long AM, easy PM - 20m

That will end July somewhere around 420 miles. Then I need to assess my various ailments and make a plan. Options are......
1) Keep training hard for San Jose half , CIM and Boston
2) Take some down time to let things naturally heal
3) Cut my losses and get fixed now, and get better in time for Boston
4) Do a quick race (August/September) and then deal with everything

I'll schedule a Dr appt for early August and get checked out.

1 comment:

RV said...

Way to go Alan!