Sunday, March 6, 2011

2 More Weeks

A couple of reasonable training weeks completed, bringing the total for the last 10 weeks to about 520.
  1. first was a week spent mostly in Hawaii.  Before leaving for vacation did a 15x100m stride workout at the track.  Then ran another 40 or so in Maui for a weekly total of 50.  A little lower than planned, but OK for a vacation week.
  2. 65 miles this week, with a sub 40 minute 10K tempo on the track and a 18-19 miler this morning (longest run in a while).
So I am slowly getting back into shape.  The tempos are OK at 6:25ish pace and they now feel pretty easy, so it's time to stretch them out a little longer and try to get up to 9 at a similar pace.  Trying to get to 70 this week, then 60 and then it's race week in Oakland.

If all goes well I'll get under 1:25 (which gets me seeded entry to Bay to Breakers) and if it is a really good day I'll go for a 1:23 something.  I think I am OK on pace, but not really there on endurance yet, so it's likely to be another crash and burn at mile 10 type of race.

Still haven't picked out the next marathon but it's looking like one of these:
  • Ottawa 5/29 - done it before but it's not a great course.
  • Minneapolis 6/5 - this would make sense if I take the job that I am looking at that involves some travel to Minneapolis
  • San Diego Rock'n'Roll 6/5 - OK course, big event - good destination
  • Seattle Rock'n'Roll 6/25 - same as San Diego
I think a sub 3:10 is realistic in all of those, just need to pick one that fits well with the rest of life and get it done.

No comments: