Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Encouraging Signs....

First run this morning after 4 days of rest following doctor's orders. It's weird to think that 4 days off is a long time, but it felt like I hadn't run for weeks.

It was a steady 6 miler on the flattest roads I could find. Started a little slow as I was worried I was going to make things worse but it didn't feel bad so I settled down into an easy 8 minute pace. The achilles didn't really bother me. I tried out a few quick accelerations at the end and it's definitely still got some problems, but I think if I take it easy for another week or so, and keep off the hills, I'm going to be fine.

It was good to get the bike out again for a couple of rides this last weekend, although I could feel the effects of riding up hills in my knees today when I ran. So barring more running injuries, I don't think I'm going to build too much biking into my training plan.

So this is definitely good news. I can hopefully get back to real training soon and move on to the next injury. I wonder what that one will be....?

1 comment:

Martin said...

Odds on shin splints - take it easy - still months before your marathon.