Saturday, June 30, 2007

June Summary

So June is over, a complete train wreck in terms of training. Achilles problems the whole month, and relegated to deep water running for most of it.

No races: Wisely skipped 2 instead of ripping my tendon up.

Mileage
-- Ran just 5 times in 30 days
-- Biked twice - made my knees hurt
-- 7 days of pool running - boring, but hopefully effective
-- 16 days of nothing - lard ass
-- Only 38 miles running
-- 29 "miles" pool running
-- 850 Miles 2007

July Goals
-- Another month in the pool
-- No races
-- A massive 16 miles running (spread over 8 runs)
-- A mind numbing 135 "miles" pool running

By the end of the July I hope to be able to run 3 miles, twice a week. Then I pick it up in August to 4-5 miles 4 times/week, and I should be back to real running in September. Another 2 months of pool running might well make me crazy. I will really be unhappy if I am a complete slug when I get back to fast running.

I've redone my marathon training program for CIM in December. It's a little challenging going into a 15 week program from a base of just 8 miles per week (vs the planned 60), so it's got a pretty steep ramp built in. I'm still hoping to max out at about 65 miles per week in early November. I'll be amazed if it all works out.

No comments: