Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July Summary

So July is over, another wet month for me. Slacked off a little in the middle of the month but got back on track this last week or so.

Nursing my achilles problems the whole time, and stuck with the deep water running.

No races:
Mileage:
-- Ran just under 4 miles (and most of that was walking)
-- No biking
-- Amazingly I swam about 800'
-- 15 days of pool running - it's getting very boring
-- 93 "miles" pool running
-- 13 days of nothing - lard ass
-- 854 Running Miles for 2007

August Goals
-- Transition from the pool to dry land!
-- But, no races
-- Week 1 - 2 miles run/walk
-- Week 2 - 9 miles, including a 3 mile continuous run
-- Week 3 - 15 miles
-- Week 4 - 20 miles, including one "fast" mile
-- 56 miles over 13 runs
-- Another 100 "miles" pool running

Assuming I don't encounter any setbacks, by the end of the August I'm hoping to be strong enough to be running 4-5 times/week and pool running just one day. September will continue on the 4-5/1 model, but gradually introduce some faster paces. If things are all going well I'll run a 10k on September 16th to see what my "summer of splashing" has done to my fitness.

No comments: