Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All Set

Only 18 hours to go! Surgery is at 9:30 tomorrow morning.  It's usually about 40 minutes, but presumably will take a little longer since I have managed to mess myself up so well.  Should be out of the hospital by about 2 if all goes according to plan.

I am ready with my prescribed percocet but am quietly hoping that I can get by using ibuprofen.  I guess I'll find out sometime tomorrow evening when the anaesthetic wears off and the pain starts.

This is what it should look like in there.  The doctor needs to join these two bits back together.  In my case this is on both sides, plus I've managed to get through the next couple layers too, so bits of me are poking out.  He has to put all that back inside first.  Seems quite messy but I'm sure he knows where it's all supposed to go!

Weight hit a new high today at 154.0.  Up 10.6 pounds from my low in July.  I've almost plateau'd since starting to run 3 times a week, but I expect to start picking up again post surgery.  Looks like I need to eat (or maybe drink) a little less.

No comments: