Thursday, December 4, 2008

2009 Race Planning

Now I may be counting my chickens, but since recovery is going well I've started looking to 2009 races.  I won't be fit in time for a good showing at Boston (April) so I'm going to skip that and instead shoot for Ottawa at the end of May.  That should give me enough time to get back into fighting shape to go for a "good time" (exact goal still to be determined.....)

Building up to that full marathon I have two halves planned...
1) Kaiser Half on Superbowl Sunday (2/1) in San Francisco
2) Shamrock'n'Half on 3/15 in Sacramento

I've run both of these before and I like the races.  I'm hoping to not embarass myself at Kaiser and if things go well, set a new PR at Shamrock.

1 comment:

Chris Rumble said...

Hi Alan. I saw only read about your operation about a week ago when I started getting back to my blog and reading related links. Glad to hear everything is better for you. My target goal for the Kaiser Half is 1:40 with a stretch goal of 1:35. What are you shootin' for? Will this be your first race post-op? Good Luck!