Friday, March 20, 2009

Back to the Track #7

Tardy post on yesterday's track workout.  I had planned to skip track this week, after the excesses of the weekend's race, but since I also skipped my Tuesday tempo for the same reason I decided to join my friend early Wednesday morning for some 1600 repeats at the local high school.  I haven't run 1600s in a while but recall not liking them all that much.  Plan was to go very low 6's in terms of pace with a slow recovery lap in between.  It was just 3x1600 on the agenda....
  1. 6:02, with a fast first lap, then settled down - felt OK
  2. 6:01, pretty steady splits, definitely had to pick up the effort to close this one on pace
  3. 6:02, felt pretty tough from about 1000, was happy there was no #4
Overall not bad, but I definitely didn't like them.  I much prefer 1,200s for some reason.

Today's run was supposed to be my weekly medium long run at 15 miles, but my schedule forced me to split it.  Did the first part this morning.  Took advantage of being in the car dropping the kids at school, so drove to Rancho San Antonio park and ran up a 4 mile hill, turned around and ran back down.  Great run - 8:00-8:50 going up, 6:00-6:50 coming down.

Here's the elevation chart...

No comments: