Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekly Summary

My first "run every day" week since July.  Not planned, but decided to run a recovery 5 on Monday to loosen the legs up.  Overall it was 69 for the week and things are feeling pretty good.  Didn't do any trackwork but did a 7 mile tempo (6:31 pace), a nice hilly run on Friday and a good long run (20.5 with 3 at marathon pace today).  The rest was just easy miles.

Next week should be about the same mileage, spread over 6 runs.  Tempo on Tuesday, long Sunday (21 w 10 at MP), a medium long run (14) on Friday and maybe trackwork on Thursday.  I may skip the track if depending on how I am feeling.  This is the high mileage portion of my training, so I don't want to screw that up with too much fast stuff.  I'll probably stay off the big hills this week as I don't want to push things with my wimpy achilles.

And if you were wondering about the pushups, it's going very slow.  I am yet to do day 1.  I tell myself it's because I wanted to start week 1 fresh on a Monday, but deep down it's probably because I don't want to do them.  Maybe tomorrow.....

No comments: