Thursday, May 14, 2009

Catch Up

Been down in sunny Florida so it's time to catch up.

First, a picture of part of a run I did the other day.  For some reason I figured it would be fun to do this.  Apart from getting the "n" backwards it wasn't too bad.

Did my last long run on Sunday - 15-16 with the last 2 at marathon pace (Did them about 6:47).  Felt pretty good, so I'm officially done with that long stuff.

Ran a couple times in Florida - Once at 11pm on the treadmill and once outside around 6pm.  The air conditioning wasn't working in the gym so the treadmill run was worse than outside.  I got off looking as if I'd been in the pool.  It was my first treadmill run and it pretty much sucked, but it beat running at night on concrete in a thunderstorm.

I am planning a couple 10k pace miles today (round about 6:00 pace) in preparation for Sunday's 10k.  Depending on weather and competetion I will either go all out and attempt to get somewhere close to 38 minutes, or just make it a fast tempo and run at 6:15-6:25.  Will decide when the gun goes off.

Other than that it's mostly just easy running for the next 10 days.

1 comment:

Peter Lubbers said...

Go get at 'em at the 10K and then make sure you taper.