Sunday, January 14, 2007

A cold end to week 2

Another mountain run brings week 2 to a close. 6 miles (3 up and 3 down), with a 1,000 foot ascent/descent, 15 degree temperatures, along crunchy snowmobile tracks - It was probably the hardest run I've ever done. It was also the most amazing. I saw just one person and 3 dogs. After the first mile I was making fresh tracks thru the snow (except for a bunch of coyote tracks). My feet got wet from the snow and I got some blisters, plus running on the uneven snowy trail really killed my knees (especially downhill). But I certainly can't complain about the scenery!

Weekly total was only 27.5 miles. Quite a bit lower than planned because today was meant to be 14, not 6. But I think the hills and altitude more than makes up for the difference.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a day off but I'm going to run up here in Tahoe again, this time probably just an "easy" 4 miles with a friend.

No comments: