Sunday, January 7, 2007

The first week of 2007

1 down, 51 to go.....

My highest week mileage ever at 42.8. Just finished out the week with a fast 6 miler (7:52 pace) yesterday and a nice easy 12-13 miler (8:57 pace) today starting in Bixbee Park, twice around the lake at Shoreline Park and then back home up Steven's Creek Trail and thru Mountain View. An absolutely beautiful sunny day, low 60's with no wind. Seems like half the Bay Area was out running, biking or walking in the sun. Days like this remind me of why I left dark, cold, rainy England all those years ago.

The next 3 weeks call for 35-38 miles spread over 5 days/week as I build up to the Kaiser Half Marathon on Feb 4th (Superbowl Sunday). After 2 back to back marathons I'm definitely looking forward to some shorter races.

One fun little adventure will be running in the snow late this week as we're off to Tahoe. I have my hi-tec slip-on snow grips - we'll see how it goes running at 6,000 feet in the cold on snow/ice. If I stick to my schedule I will be running a fast 6, an easy 14 and an easy 5. I guess we'll see how dedicated I really am when it's 25 degrees and snowing.

No comments: